Complete Rules & Regulations
LIABILITY WAIVER AND RACE AGREEMENT:
I know that running or walking a road race is a potentially hazardous activity. I will not enter and run or walk unless I am medically able to do so and properly trained. I assume all risks associated with running or walking this event, including but not limited to the effects of weather, traffic, course conditions and course surfaces, falls, and contact with other runners, volunteers and spectators. I am aware that medical support for this event will be provided by volunteer personnel who may be called upon to provide assistance, including first aid, to me during or after the event. I authorize any such volunteer to assist me or to perform such assistance as in the opinion of such person may be necessary or appropriate. I understand that, the sponsors, the volunteers, and all others assisting in the operations of the event and its supporting and related activities assume no responsibility or liability with respect to my participation in the run or in any related events. I agree to obey and accept the rules of this race and any related events as published or otherwise made known to me, and to abide by the decision of any race official concerning my ability to safely complete the event. Having read this waiver and release, and knowing these facts, and in consideration of the acceptance of my entry, I for myself and any person entitled to act on my behalf do hereby release Achieva Credit Union, ACCUChipUSA, Inc., all sponsors, volunteers, together with their employees, contractors, subcontractors, directors, officers, agents, attorneys and representatives from all claims of liabilities of any kind or character arising from my participation in this event or in any related activity, even though liability may arise from negligence or carelessness on the part of persons or organizations named in this waiver and release. I consent to the use of photographs, video, film and sound recordings of all related events for all legitimate purposes. I give permission to be contacted by interested media.
YOU UNDERSTAND THAT PARTICIPATION IN THE EVENT IS POTENTIALLY HAZARDOUS, AND THAT A REGISTERED PARTY SHOULD NOT PARTICIPATE UNLESS THEY ARE MEDICALLY ABLE AND PROPERLY TRAINED. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT EVENTS MAY BE HELD OVER PUBLIC ROADS AND FACILITES OPEN TO THE PUBLIC DURING THE EVENT AND UPON WHICH HAZARDS ARE TO BE EXPECTED. PARTICIPATION CARRIES WITH IT CERTAIN INHERENT RISKS THAT CANNOT BE ELIMINATED COMPLETELY RANGING FROM MINOR INJURIES TO CATASTROPHIC INJURIES INCLUDING DEATH. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT IN CONSIDERATION OF BEING PERMITTED TO PARTICIPATE IN THE EVENT, YOU AND ANY REGISTERED PARTY, THE HEIRS, PERSONAL REPRESENTATIVES OR ASSIGNS OF YOU OR THE REGISTERED PARTY DO HEREBY RELEASE, WAIVE, DISCHARGE AND CONVENANT NOT TO SUE ACHIEVA CREDIT UNION FOR ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS ARISING FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE EVENT BY YOU OR ANY REGISTERED PARTY.
If you are registering a child under the age of 18 or an incapacitated adult you represent and warrant that you are the parent or legal guardian of that party and have the legal authority to enter into this agreement on their behalf and by proceeding with this event registration, you agree that the terms of this Agreement and Waiver shall apply equally to all Registered Parties. By registering a child under 13, you agree and consent to the collection of that child's information which you provide for the purposes of registration.
Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and hold Achieva Credit Union harmless from and against any and all damages, costs, claims or demands, including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to or arising from or relating to your race application.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
- REGISTRATION WILL TAKE PLACE PRIOR TO THE RACE START TIME AND RUNNERS WILL NEED TO BE REGISTERED NO LATER THAN 15 MINUTES PRIOR TO THE START OF THEIR RACE.
- RACERS WILL BE CALLED TO THE START LINE 10 MINUTES PRIOR TO THEIR RACE.
- ALL RACERS MUST HAVE A REGISTERED NUMBER PINNED TO THEIR SHIRT OR SHORTS. NUMBER MUST BE VISIBLE AT ALL TIMES IN ORDER FOR THE RACER TO RECEIVE AN ACCURATE TIME.
- RACE TIMES WILL BE RECORDED AND AWARDS FOR ALL DIVISIONS WILL BE ANNOUNCED AT THE CONCLUSION OF THE DAY'S RACES.
- WATER STATIONS FOR PARTICIPANTS WILL BE SETUP THROUGHOUT THE RACE COURSE.
- ALL ATHLETES ARE EXPECTED TO CONDUCT THEMSELVES IN A SPORTSMAN-LIKE MANNER. FIGHTING, FOUL LANGUAGE, AND CHEATING WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.
- WALKERS AND SLOWER RUNNERS SHOULD KEEP TO THE OUTSIDE OF THE RACE TRACK IN ORDER TO NOT SLOW DOWN FASTER RUNNERS.
- HEADPHONES ARE ALLOWED.
- ONLY REGISTERED PARTICIPANTS ARE ALLOWED ON THE RACE COURSE DURING EACH EVENT. SPECTATORS SHOULD NOT ENTER OR CUT ACROSS THE RACE COURSE FOR ANY REASON.
- COURSE OFFICIALS WILL MONITOR THE RACE AND MAY DISQUALIFY A RACER FOR FAILING TO FOLLOW THESE RULES AND REGULATIONS.